Donate to the Pererra Spay/Neuter Clinics
An extremely effective way to help the animals is to donate to our spay and neuter clinics. If you would like to provide any of the items listed on this page, please visit our secure online Donation Form. When making a monetary donation you may include a note with a request as to which item(s) you would like your funds to provide. Any comparable substitutes would also be acceptable and greatly appreciated! Remember, all donations are tax-deductible.
Spay/Neuter Clinic Wishlist
Rebuild, 9 inches by 18 inches
|Oster Dog/Cat Clippers
Model: Turbo A5 Price: Around $115 and up
Check Froogle for current prices and availability…
The clippers are used to shave the pets before surgery.
|Shop-Vac 5 & 12 gal.
blow and vac, shop vacuum
5 gal – $28.88
12 gal – $69.88
Together – Only 98.76!
Items for Surgery
- # 4-7 – Sx tables or exam tables anything that will work for Surgeries (we currently have 4 lent to us but this will not last much longer…..desperate need)
- #4 -7 – Mayo Stands to place the instruments next to each Sx table
- As many surgical packs as possible….we have about 8 complete Spay packs but are missing some instruments and some are not in very good working conditions……most importantly the instruments are autoclaved once and once they are used once during our surgeries then they become non-sterile and we are forced to perform “cold sterile” Sx technique…….as many complete spay pack as you could possible help with would be BEAUTIFUL!!
Spay pack includes the following instruments (Red items are needed most)
- #1 Spay / snook hook
- #1 OLSEN HEGAR N.H. 5.5″
- #1 MAYO SCISSOR 6.75″ STR.
- #1 ADSON BROWN FORCEP
- #1 No. 3 blade HANDLE
- #6 BACKHAUS TOWEL FORCEPS 3.5″
- #2 HALSTEAD MOSQUITO CVD. 5.0″
- #2 HALSTEAD MOSQUITO STR. 5.0″
- #2 KELLY HEMOSTAT CVD. 5.5″
- #2 KELLY HEMOSTAT STR. 5.5″
- #2 ALLIS FORCEP 6.0″ 4X5 TEETH
- A couple of instruments like suture removal, bandage scissors, staple remover, carmalts and Rochester for the large fat female dogs that tend to bleed the most and the little Kellys are not strong enough for Plain hemostats to remove ticks and fox tails from ears, paws, etc
- #4 – 6 Stainless steel trays any size or shape
- Bouffant hats for male and female
- Sterile and surgical gloves the sizes most needed #6.5, 7, 7.5 we have some of the larger sizes
- Surgical masks for volunteers and vets
- Surgical sterile field drapes. It can be already cut to size or the roll and we can cut them to size
- Autocale envelopes several sizes mostly medium
- Autocale tape
- O.R. blue or green hand towels
- Gowns – mostly medium but any size both cloth or disposable
- Scrub uniforms especially tops any size
- Scrub Chlorehexidine or betadien scrub brushes for Sx
- Stainless steel cassette for rare occasions
- Chromic Gut cassettess/ reels # 1and # 2 (several if possible)
- Tissue Glue
- PDS cutting needle (some tapered) #3-0, 2-0 and 0.
- Vicryl and Nylon same sizes and also cutting and some tapered
- Chromic Gut individual packets cutting #3-0, 2-0 and 0
- Staple guns for fosters or injured animals with wounds that have a home in TJ
Sx, ER, analgesic & Recovery Drugs
- Ketamine 100mg/ml
- Xylazine 100mg/ml and 20mg/ml
- Telazol 100mg/ml
- Acepromazine 10mg/ml
- Medetomidine (Domitor)
- Atipamezole (Antsedan)
- Valium (Diazapam) – super hard to get b/c controled just need one vial to keep in case seizure patient…….we have none and its pretty scary not to have this in our crash cart.
- Glucose 50%
- Torbugesicn (Butorphanol) 10mg/ml
- Buprenorphine (Buprenex, Temgesic)
- Oxymorphone (Numorphan)
- Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Rimadyl (carprofen) injectable 50mg/ml
- Meloxicam (metacam)
- Penicillin G injectable
- Amoxicillin both oral of injectable either 250 or 100mg/ml
- Vitamins any like Vit K (many hemorragic cases), B-12, Iron and B complex
- Endotracheal tubes WITH cuffs, cant use the cuffless. Sizes from 3 to 14 both curved and straight, prefer straight and sizes from 3.5 to 7.5mm
- Laryngoscopes need 2, have none and large and small size blade
- Otoscope have none and speculums
- Ambu bag, the simpler the better since we have no anesthetic machines
- Gauze both large and small always need lots
- Cotton balls
- Sterile lube and non sterile lube (for trache tubes and for wounds)
- Crystalloid fluids like NaCl, LRS, Normasol, Isolyte any size bags sometimes the 250-500ml fluid bags are best so that we dont waste too much.
- IV lines and extension sets with ports, please
- Needles any size 25g,22g,20g,18g all 3/4inches
- Needles 22g 1 1/2 in length
- Syringes any size most used are 1ml (tuberculin) and 6ml but need all sizes for IV injections
- Oral syringes to send home with oral dewormers or vitamins or analgesics or to feed neonatals. Any size.
- IV catheters from 24g – 16g mostly use 22 and 20g all 1 inch
Items we need replenished frequently
To help in any way or find out more about how you can volunteer or donate crucial funds or items, please visit our pages on volunteering opportunites or go to our donation page or contact us. Every penny and ounce of energy helps end the suffering and improve the lives of animals here at home and over the border. Without your compassion, awareness, and support, our work would not be possible.